Senior Tax Analyst
- Posted: 27/04/2023
- Salary: 100000
- Location: New York, New York, United States
- Job Type: Permanent/Fixed Term
You will work closely with Tax Managers to meet US tax compliance obligations for portfolios of real estate assets within the US.
- Assist with US tax compliance including reviewing tax extensions, quarterly estimated tax and E&P calculations, and tax returns.
- Assist with US REIT testing compliance including reviewing quarterly REIT testing files, calculating/reviewing withholding tax for any REIT distributions, and monitoring TRS (Taxable REIT Subsidiary) activities.
- Manage, track and respond to Federal and State tax notices including communicating with various government agencies and outside advisors, as well as maintaining strong documentation.
- Coordinate with outside advisors regarding deliverables.
- Coordinate payments with the various finance teams.
- Assist with research of tax technical issues as they arise in the ordinary course of business or are identified during the development of tax planning strategies and perform other tax research as required.
- Gain exposure to acquisition projects, tax opinions related to tax planning, REIT due diligence and tax structuring and restructuring.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, taxation, finance or another business-related field.
- 2-3 years of professional experience at a public accounting firm or in a corporate tax department.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Enrolled Agent (EA) license is preferred but not required.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).