Our client are a rapidly growing financial technology company headquartered in London, and they are looking for a Senior Risk Analyst on a contract basis (6 months rolling). As a Senior Risk Analyst, you will play a crucial role in shaping and strengthening the risk management function. This is your chance to be part of a team that drives a strong risk culture, identifies and mitigates various risks, and contributes to the success of the organization.
Risk Culture Champion:
- Support the development and integration of the Risk Management Framework, Risk Appetite Statements, and Risk Policies and Procedures across the organization.
- Assist in conducting bottom-up and top-down risk mapping processes.
- Collaborate with the risk team to enhance the control environment and improve the overall risk and control approach.
Risk Adviser and Manager:
- Work closely with business and senior management to identify and manage risks aligned with the firm's strategy and risk appetite.
- Monitor and interpret key indicators and thresholds across business activities.
- Take ownership of the policy matrix and ensure timely policy reviews and updates.
Governance and Best Practices:
- Contribute to a strong governance structure and risk management across all legal entities.
- Assist the group risk team in implementing risk management tools and best practices.
Emerging Risks and Regulations:
- Assess the impact of emerging risks and regulations, providing input and support for pragmatic solutions.
- Build productive relationships with compliance and other second-line functions.
- Maintain and update risk policies and procedures on the group risk intranet/SharePoint pages.
Support to CRO and Group Risk Team:
- Offer ad-hoc assistance to the group risk team for development initiatives.
- Strive to become the primary point of contact for group risk-related questions and support.
Reporting and MI:
- Establish a comprehensive risk reporting system and process.
- Define key risk and performance indicators (KRIs/KPIs) for evaluating risk management performance.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting to the appropriate audience.
Risk Awareness and Embedding:
- Integrate business continuity and crisis management into the organization's risk management strategies.
- Promote a culture where risk management is a shared responsibility.
- Ensure risk management is integrated into change programs and with outsourced providers.
- Support the configuration of the TPRM & Risk Management solution for consistency with local processes.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to enhance effectiveness.
Third Party Due Diligence:
- Assist in reviewing third parties, including due diligence reviews.
- Document reports following reviews and monitor remediation activities.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within an FCA regulated firm.
- Deep understanding of regulatory capital, including ICAAP, ILAA, and stress testing, with a track record of working with FCA teams.
- Experience in conducting Third Party reviews is advantageous.
- Security-related qualifications such as CISM are a plus.
- Demonstrable understanding of various risk areas, including operational risk, use of outsource services, financial management, market and credit risk, data management, conduct risk, reputation risk, and technology and infrastructure risks.
- Available to start in 4 weeks