JCW is recruiting exclusively on behalf of the UK entity of a leading MENA bank who are hiring a Head of Controls.
The bank offers a full suite of banking services for wholesale and HNWI clients (Private Banking, Global Markets, Corporate, and Investment Banking).
- Reporting line: Chief Operating Officer.
- Direct reports: 1
- Hybrid working: 2/3 days a week remote
- Contract type: Permanent
- Location: London
- To ensure risks are identified, understood, and properly mitigated.
- Work closely with the 2nd and 3rd LOD to further embed and promote a mature and robust risk and compliance culture across the 1st Line.
- You will take control of the branch's control framework and deliver a reduced risk of non-financial breaches (operational and conduct related).
- Proactive execution of the control framework to meet the reporting requirements of the branch and UK regulators.
- A degree, preferably, in finance or business management - other relevant disciplines are still beneficial.
- Prior experience in an internal controls role, ideally within a financial institution.
- Strong understanding of the UK's SMCR requriemennts.
- Strong understanding of operational risk matters and experience in developing appropriate reporting frameworks and procedures.
- Effective communication and stakeholder management skills - including supporting and challenging senior management and EXCO members.
- You will ideally have some people management experience or the desire to manage.
Interview process: 3 stages - can be remote but ideally 1 face-to-face.
If this role is not the right position for you, feel free to refer someone to us for the chance to receive up to €1000.
We aim to be an equal opportunity recruiter and we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.