Climate Risk Consultant
- Posted: 25/05/2023
- Salary: Competitive Salary
- Location: Brussels, Belgium
- Job Type: Permanent/Fixed Term
- You assist their clients in the assessment of their climate risk exposure using climate stress testing, physical risk assessment, … while using the most advanced technologies or software packages.
- You advise clients on the incorporation of climate risk metrics into their existing risk management framework and prudential risk models.
- Development of methodologies to identify, quantify and prioritize the materiality of climate risk factors on the activities of our clients (and derive financial risk impacts under different scenarios), incl. definition/selection of adequate data.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- You have an MA or MSc in econometrics, physics, mathematics, or applied economics with an academic track record in a quantitative field (PRM or FRM certification is a plus) You are comfortable with the operational aspects of a data and IPV consensus service.
- You are familiar with banking & insurance regulations (Basel III, Solvency II, IFRS9, IFRS17, FRTB, IRRBB, …).
- You are familiar with specific packages like Matlab, SAS, R, Python or VBA.
- A first proven experience in climate risk management is a plus.
- You are open to travel inside Europe.
We aim to be an equal opportunity recruiter and we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.