Medius Consulting Limited (‘Medius’) is a fast-growing equal opportunities employer, providing regulatory consultancy services to organisations regulated by the FCA and the PRA. Our clients include multinational banking and financial institutions, challenger banks and organisations conducting consumer credit activities.
We have a vacancy for a Regulatory Consultant, working within our Authorisation and Governance Practices. This role will be of interest to consultants looking to develop their career within a market leading advisory environment. The role entails advising organisations of their regulatory obligations and ensuring that they remain compliant with the relevant PRA and FCA regulations (particularly the Senior Managers and Certification regime and the CONC (consumer credit) regime and the GDPR. Additionally, the Regulatory Consultant is expected to work alongside the Authorisations Practice Head in preparing the application and documentation for an FCA authorisation. With the growing popularity of blockchain technology and its increased regulatory scrutiny, the Regulatory Consultant would also be expected to develop the cryptocurrencies/ICOs practice and skillset within Medius.
To be considered, applicants must demonstrate:
• A 2.1 legal, finance, economics, or relevant business degree from a leading university;
• Considerable experience in the financial services industry (particularly financial services regulation);
• IT literacy, including a working knowledge of blockchain technology, ICOs and cryptocurrencies (and the potential regulatory implications);
• Experience in applying and advising on, and thorough knowledge of, the Senior Managers and Certification Regime, CONC (consumer credit) regime, FCA Authorisations and the GDPR;
• Highly competent presentation and communication skills;
• Attention to detail; and
• Self-motivation and enthusiasm.
Proficiency in other languages is advantageous.
The role is based in Central London, but consultants are expected to travel and work on client sites.
The salary is £30,700 per annum. Medius operates a personal incentive scheme.
The application window will run from 15th December 2017 to 12th January 2018. Applications received later than 12th January 2018 will not be considered.
Candidates are to submit their CVs along with cover letters addressed to Steve Bailey at email@example.com to be considered.